Walt M. Britt
Walt M. Britt – Member
Practice Areas: Criminal Defense; Election Law.
Admitted: 1981, Georgia, Supreme Court of Georgia and Court of Appeals of Georgia; 1982, U.S. Supreme Court and U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth and Eleventh Circuits; U.S. District Court, Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Georgia
Law School: Atlanta Law School, J.D., 1981
College: Mercer University, B.A., 1978
Member of the Criminal Law Section of the GCBA); State Bar of Georgia (Member, Criminal Law Section); Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (Life Member & Member, Board of Directors); National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Born: Gwinnett County, Georgia, July 2, 1956
- National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) Legal Committee for Georgia
- Atlanta Magazine Georgia Super Lawyers - 2004, 2005, 2006
- Voted one of the "Top Attorneys in Georgia" by Atlanta Magazine
- Voted "Best Attorney" by Inside Gwinnett - 1991, 1992, 1994
- Many cases and trials have been featured in The Atlanta Journal Constitution; Gwinnett Daily Post; CNN; Court TV;Fulton Daily Report; and various news organizations throughout the United States. Also, Mr. Britt’s ponytail has been featured in Atlanta Magazine and various editorial cartoons in newspapers.