Gregory D. Jay
Gregory D. Jay – Member
Gregory D. Jay joined the firm following its inception in 1993, and concentrates his practice in the areas of local government law and estate planning and probate. In addition, he assists a number of clients in general business and corporate matters including entity formation, transactional matters, and commercial litigation. As City Attorney to the cities of Braselton, Buford, and Suwanee, Mr. Jay advises his clients on such matters as zoning and land use, personnel, public finance, eminent domain and utility regulation. He also serves as attorney to the Buford City School System and has represented a number of local governments in the metropolitan Atlanta area.
Active in numerous community causes, Mr. Jay serves on the Executive Committee and Board of Directors of the Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce and is a member of the Buford-North Gwinnett Rotary Club and formerly served as Chairperson of his daughter’s elementary school council.
- University of Georgia – B.B.A Finance (summa cum laude with highest honors)
- University of Georgia School of Law – Juris Doctorate, Georgia Journal of International and Comparative Law, Notes Editor
Professional Associations and Civic Activities
- Executive Committee, Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce
- International Municipal Lawyers Association
- Council of School Board Attorneys
- Graduate, Leadership Gwinnett
- Buford-North Gwinnett Rotary Club
- Gwinnett County Bar Association
- Legal Counsel, Gwinnett SPLOST Advocacy Committee