John A. Mays, Jr.
John A. Mays, Jr. – Of Counsel
Admitted: State Bar of Georgia, Court of Appeals of the State of Georgia, Supreme Court of the State of Georgia, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
Practice Areas: Workers’ Compensation, Wrongful Death, Catastrophic Injuries, Traumatic Brain Injuries, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Dog Bites, Trucking Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Elder Abuse, Medical Malpractice, Auto Diminished Value Claims, Insurance Bad Faith, General Civil Practice, Criminal Defense.
Background: John was raised in Rome, Georgia. During college, he began working for the Parker and Lundy law firm in Cedartown, Georgia, where his passion for trial advocacy grew. In law school, he worked for the felony narcotics division of the Macon Judicial Circuit Public Defender’s Office under Georgia’s Third-Year Practice Act. After law school, John returned to work in Cedartown for a couple years before leaving to join the personal injury litigation firm of Schneider Hammers in Atlanta where he had the opportunity to represent people across Georgia in 30 different counties. He eventually planted roots in Buford, Georgia, where he continues to focus on personal injury/wrongful death, workers’ compensation, and criminal defense. John has obtained millions in results for his clients, including several six-figure results on car accident cases and a seven-figure workers’ compensation settlement within the past 2 years. He has also earned multiple dismissals of misdemeanor and felony charges.
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association of Justice
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Gwinnett County Bar Association
- Tallapoosa Circuit Bar Association – President, 2013
Past Professional Experience:
- Schneider Hammers, LLC
- Parker and Lundy Law Firm
- Office of the Public Defender, Macon Circuit, Third-Year Practice Act
- Administrative Office of the Courts/Judicial Council of Georgia
- Floyd County Juvenile Court
- Mercer University’s Walter F. George School of Law, J.D., 2012, President’s List, 2010
- CALI Award – Race, Racism & American Law
- Kennesaw State University – B.S., Sociology, 2007, Magna Cum Laude, Honors
- Model High School, 2003, Honors